We would build on programmes, such as Flying Start, to tackle Adverse Childhood Experiences and make early intervention and childhood adversity a priority. We will set out a clear national strategy to empower and encourage key public services to deliver effective, sustainable and evidence-based early intervention.
In addition we would:
- Bring the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child fully into Welsh law.
- Make new laws to protect the rights of children who are home educated.
- Ensure all children have the electronic devices they need to learn at home, and access to the internet.
- Make school expulsions a thing of the past.
- Work with Mentrau Iaith and Welsh Language Centres to encourage the use of Welsh among children.
We would align long term investment in services with long term strategies for prevention of Adverse Childhood Experiences.