Independence and the Emerging Welsh State
- Hold an independence referendum during our first term in government.
- Create a statutory National Commission to oversee the process leading to the referendum, including drafting a Welsh Constitution, involving widespread consultation.
- Establish a distinct Welsh jurisdiction and devolve policing and justice, as is the case in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Introduce an Order to seek immediate devolution of power over currently reserved matters, including rail, welfare, broadcasting, energy projects, and the Crown Estates.
- Co-production between Welsh Government and local authorities for policy delivery, plus creation of a Public Service for Wales, with a shared culture and vision across all public sector organisations, including the civil service.
- Conduct an in-depth exploration of how an independent Wales should engage with the other nations of Britain.