Skills Framework for Wales
At the moment those who do not choose to go to university are badly served by our education system, if supported at all. By under-investing in practical, vocational, and technical education we are wasting talent and preventing people from realising their potential.
We would develop a new Skills Framework for Wales to achieve a better way of matching jobs to people and people to jobs.
We would create a one-stop-shop platform that will bring together existing careers and employability support to enable people to:
- Capture their skills, experiences, and job histories in an online profile.
- Risk-assess their current occupation and skills profile and locate suitable training, work experience, and alternative employment.
- Connect online with employers to discuss skills, training, and work experience opportunities.
- Learn about careers, training, and job opportunities in real time.
- Access their Personal Learning Account and make decisions as to how that account should be invested.