A Plaid Cymru Government will work with stakeholders to build upon the high level of animal welfare standards already in place in Wales. We will:
- Improve the enforcement and delivery of licensing requirements relating to dog breeding establishments in Wales, building on the recent review of regulations by the Wales Animal Health and Welfare Framework Group.
- Improve horse welfare by taking action on equine tethering.
- Review pet vending, focusing especially on the regulation of animals sold online.
- Issue model tenancy proposals on pets in social housing and work to reduce barriers between homeless pet owners and homeless shelters.
- Support the development of statutory codes of practices for the keeping of exotic pets in Wales.
- Ban the keeping of primates as pets.
- End the giving of pets as prizes.
I'm voting Plaid10,424 votes
With hundreds of our candidates and supporters campaigning all over Wales, it would be a big help to us to know that you're voting for us, enabling us to focus our campaign efforts on persuading those who haven't yet made up their mind.
Please let us know if you're voting Plaid Cymru this year.
Are you voting Plaid Cymru?
By answering this survey, you agree to Plaid Cymru recording your political opinion and using it for campaigning purposes. You can find our data protection policy here.
Yes I support The Party of Wales.
No I do not support The Party of Wales.
I might support The Party of Wales, tell me more.