Vacancy: Administration and Internal Communications Officer
Title: Administration and Internal Communications Officer
Location: Plaid Cymru HQ - Tŷ Gwynfor, Cardiff
Plaid Cymru staff operate a hybrid pattern of remote working and office working.
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
Flexible - Plaid Cymru are happy to discuss other forms of flexible working with any applicant who wished to take on this role on a part-time or job share basis.
Line Manager: Head of Finance, Compliance and HR
Salary: Band 3 (£23,008 - £29,483)
Appointments are usually made at the lower end of the scale.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, with the need for occasional evening and weekend work
Plaid Cymru operates a flexible working hours system. The post offers 28 days holiday per year with additional privilege days.
Purpose of the Role
The postholder will be responsible for organising the administration of the Party, and the implementation of a membership and internal communications strategy.
- Assist with the implementation of a membership strategy that will improve the experience of members and help attract new members
- Execute internal communications strategies to members through both electronic and printed materials
- Design and execute fundraising appeals among the Party members
- Prepare and circulate papers of the Party’s national committees (National Executive Committee and National Council)
- Strengthen the relationship between the central office, constituencies and branches, and local offices, and helping to ensure effective internal communication
- Respond to queries from branch and constituency officers on administrative matters or ensure that the queries are answered
- Prepare documents and correspondence bilingually and translate from time to time
- Assist with the arrangements for Annual Conferences and Party internal elections
Key Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent professional experience
- An understanding of Plaid Cymru’s core values
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English and Welsh
- The ability to work to hard external deadlines and manage time effectively
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and develop good working relationships across areas of responsibility
- The ability to produce engaging content for communications with members, both in print and electronically
- The ability to convey information in concise and readable terms for a variety of audiences
- Experience of working within political and/or member-led organisations
- Experience of assisting in the delivery of events
- Knowledge of basic graphic design through Canva or similar platforms
10am, Friday, 2 February 2024