Vacancy: Social Media Officer
Title: Social Media Officer
Location: Plaid Cymru HQ - Tŷ Gwynfor, Cardiff
Plaid Cymru staff operate a hybrid pattern of remote working and office working.
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
Flexible - Plaid Cymru are happy to discuss other forms of flexible working with any applicant who wish to take on this role on a part-time or job share basis.
Line Manager: Head of Communications
Salary: Band 2 (£24,413 - £35,388)
Appointments are usually made at the lower end of the scale.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, with the need for occasional evening and weekend work
Plaid Cymru operates a flexible working hours system. The post offers 28 days holiday per year with additional privilege days.
Purpose of the Role
To deliver key elements of the Party’s digital communications strategy, including day-to-day management of social media accounts, and analysis of the Party’s digital performance.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Communications, take responsibility for the delivery of the social media element of Plaid Cymru’s communications strategy
- The creation of digital assets such as video and infographics
- Community management and engagement with comments on the Party’s social media platforms
- Assist with the delivery of digital internal communications within the Party
- Monitor and evaluate the success of digital communications campaigns, and recommend ways in which to improve the Party’s work and reach
- Support the reinforcement of other workstreams within the party (eg membership and fundraising) through social media
- Support the rest of the Communications team to present Plaid Cymru’s messages in a way that reflects its values and appeals to the electorate
Key Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in the fields of communication, media, languages or humanities
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the main social media platforms; Facebook, X / Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- An understanding of social media analytics and how to use them to drive constant performance improvement
- A knowledge of graphic design and editing tools
- The ability to convey messages in succinct and engaging ways via social platforms
- An appreciation of the importance of adhering to guidelines, brand and message discipline when communicating via social media
- The ability to work quickly in a high-paced environment, and manage time effectively
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and develop good working relationships across areas of responsibility
- An understanding of Welsh politics and Plaid Cymru’s core values
- The ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English and Welsh
- Experience of working within political and/or member-led organisations
- Experience of using paid advertising via social media
10am, Friday, 2 February 2024