Organisation: Plaid Cymru Westminster Group
Location: Houses of Parliament, London
Salary: £23,750 - £34,786
Plaid Cymru’s Westminster team is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their team of advisors in Westminster. You will play a central role in assisting all four of Plaid Cymru’s MPs with their Parliamentary duties. This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work with a dedicated and passionate team of MPs and staff at the heart of Welsh and UK politics.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Members are accurately informed on key issues
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard and debates
- Undertake research on policy issues
- Assist with the writing of speeches, comment pieces and press releases
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Give advice on policy issues
- Monitor media coverage and brief Members on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, question times and media appearances
- Support caseworkers as required
- Project Management and project work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Supervise staff members where appropriate
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Experience of working in politics, communications, journalism or similar field
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of Plaid Cymru
- An understanding of Welsh affairs
- Fluency in Welsh desirable
Closing date: 17.00, Monday 16 September
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after.
Interviews will take place in Westminster.
A written exercise will form part of the recruitment process.
Start date will be agreed with the successful candidate.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.